Volume 4Number 2, July 2022
Sleep Pattern of Undergraduate Medical Students of the selected Medical Colleges in Dhaka during COVID-19 Pandemic: An Online Survey
Mostarin S1 , Haque A2 , Alam MR3 , Choudhury R4 , Nurunnabi M5 , Sultana H6 , Abbas MG7
Background: Maintaining a regular sleep pattern helps to preserve the timing of the body's internal clock and can aid in having a healthy lifestyle. Medical students are a general population sub-group that is more vulnerable to poor sleep quality.
Method: A online based cross sectional study conducted to find out the sleep pattern of 264 undergraduate medical students during COVID-19 pandemic situation by using a pre-tested semi-structured questionnaire with Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) sacle.
Conclusion: These results demonstrate that, insufficient sleep and unsatisfactory sleep-wake pattern have been documented among medical students.
Keywords: Sleep pattern, medical students, Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index, sleep duration, COVID-19 pandemic.
- MPH Fellow, Department of Health Education
- Lecturer, Department of Health Education
- Assistant Professor (Community Medicine)
- Assistant Professor (Microbiology)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Community Medicine
- Professor and Head, Department of Health Education
- Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational and Environmental Health (OEH)